full name / name of organization:
AS THE WORLD TURNS: Globalism and the Entertainment Industry
The worldwide media landscape is in a particular state of flux due to
recent developments in the entertainment industry, including shifting
ownership, evolving international industries, changing regulatory
practices, and technological innovations, all of which affect the texts
Topics to Explore:
* Global media conglomeration
* International co-productions
* Runaway production
* Hollywood's "local-language productions"
* Contesting Hollywood--foreign competition
* Industrial Regionalism--pan-European, pan-African, etc.
* Regulation/deregulation--the FCC and international regulatory bodies.
* Technological developments/digital media
* Theoretical approaches to Political Economy: from neo-imperialism
If you're interested in participating in this panel, please send a
proposal and brief biography to Paul Torre < pj_torre_at_yahoo.com > ASAP
or by August 10, 2005.
Paul Joseph Torre
Cinema-Television, Critical Studies
University of Southern California
From the Literary Calls for Papers Mailing List
Full Information at
or write Jennifer Higginbotham: higginbj_at_english.upenn.edu
Received on Fri Aug 12 2005 - 11:07:04 EDT