CFP: Anime/Manga Research Roundtable (10/1/05; PCA/ACA, 4/12/06-4/15/06)
CFP: Anime/Manga Research Roundtable
Conference: PCA/ACA 2006 National Conference
Place: Marriott Marquis, Atlanta, GA
Dates: April 12-15
This is the national meeting of the Popular Culture Association and the American Culture Association and this submission is under the area "Asian Popular Culture."
Title: A roundtable on the future of research in anime and manga.
Submission Deadline: October 1, 2005.
Both the marketing and consumption of anime and manga have skyrocketed over the last few years. As a result, there has been increasing interest in writing and publishing on this phenomenon. This roundtable invites both established scholars in other fields who have found their interests shift to this area as well young and up-and-coming scholars to discuss the future of anime and manga research. Some questions to consider:
1. What is the current state of scholarship?
2. What areas and approaches have been neglected?
3. Where and how can scholars publish and/or present papers?
4. How can we integrate this research into the classroom and/or foster undergrad scholarship?
5. What groups (conferences, societies, mailing lists, etc.) are in place to help anime and manga scholars? What is missing from this list?
If you are interested in participating in this roundtable, submit a 150 word abstract outling what you would like to discuss. Include contact information and your experiences in anime/manga research.
Submit by October 1, 2005
to Wendy Goldberg
or snail mail:
Dept. of Humanities
United States Coast Guard Academy
27 Mohegan Ave.
New London, CT 06320
From the Literary Calls for Papers Mailing List
Full Information at
or write Jennifer Higginbotham: higginbj_at_english.upenn.edu
Received on Sun Sep 04 2005 - 08:47:09 EDT