This panel explores the representation of the Great War from roughly late 2017 through roughly 1925 in order to examine perspectives on the final years of the war and the onset of peace.
The guiding themes in this panel will be as follows:
· The examination of the effects and results of the year as the war is concluding
· Exploring the aftermath of the war to gauge its meaning and consequences
· Comparing representations of the Great War from country to country and language to language to measure its impact on life in Europe and the rest of the world
· Comparing the final years of the war in film and literature
· Examining the effects of the war on geographical areas.