The symposium topic is focused on, but not limited to, T.S. Eliot and Modernism, and may include such topics as:
- Evocations of time and place in Eliot's writing or that of his contemporaries
- The preoccupation with space, place and (dis)location
- Modernism and the uses of time, 'time past', and timelessness
- Eliot, Modernism and history
- Eliot, Modernism and contemporary scientific and philosophical views on space and time
- Eliot's place in the tradition, the canon, Modernism, and world literature
Papers that explore the connections between England and Florence or England and Italy in the context of Eliot and his contemporaries are also welcome.