CFP: Dubliners (6/1/03; collection)
Call for submissions: ŒDubliners¹ Centenary
To celebrate the one hundredth anniversary of the writing of Joyce¹s
ŒDubliners¹, submissions are sought for two proposed volumes.
The first volume will be comprised of critical essays; proposals and
completed essays are welcomed from a variety of perspectives. Topics might
address or include the following subjects:
- The history of ŒDubliners¹¹ reception and its current position within
Joycean and general academic circles;
- Experiences of teaching ŒDubliners¹;
- ŒThe Dead¹ as film, musical, text;
- The influence of ŒDubliners¹ on short-story / narrative techniques;
- The changing nature of Dublin viewed through a variety of critical
lenses: historical, sociological, anthropological, architectural, etc.
- The question of Catholic influence in contemporary Dublin society;
- New analyses of individual stories.
Essays that reflect on the impact of the collection are particularly
The second volume will be a collection of short stories set in contemporary
Dublin. Submissions are sought that capture Dublin¹s changed face;
correlation to a specific story in ŒDubliners¹ is not necessary.
The deadline for submissions is June 1, 2003.
Submissions should be addressed to:
Dr Oona Frawley
Department of English
University College Dublin
Belfield, Dublin 4
No email submissions; proposals only.
From the Literary Calls for Papers Mailing List
Full Information at
or write Erika Lin: elin_at_english.upenn.edu
Received on Tue Apr 15 2003 - 22:33:02 EDT