50th Anniversary of Cheikh Hamidou Kane's L'Aventure ambiguë, March 17-19, 2011
2011 will mark the 50th Anniversary of the publication of l'Aventure ambiguë (Ambiguous Adventure) by Cheikh Hamidou Kane. Various events are being planned in Senegal and around the world to celebrate this 50th Anniversary, and Brigham Young University is honored to host a colloquium March 17-19. We are now accepting submissions in French or English. We invite proposals for papers exploring aspects of the following conference theme and subthemes:
Ambiguous Adventure:lights and shadows
• Light and shadow, reason and faith in Ambiguous Adventure
• Ambiguities and certainties in Ambiguous Adventure
• Africa's ambiguous adventure: is ambiguity still relevant?
• The issue of cultural identity in Ambiguous Adventure and in modern African literature
• Death and rebirth in Ambiguous Adventure
• The clash of civilizations in Ambiguous Adventure.
• Ambiguous Adventure revisited through recent post-colonial theories
Proposals for individual papers or for panels (200 words maximum) should be emailed to Chantal Thompson, Conference Organizer, by December 1, 2010, at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name, professional affiliation, telephone number, and email address.