New York Film Review -- Debut issue
The New York Film Review is looking for thoughtful meditations on current and classic (reissued) cinema. At this time, we are accepting submissions for consideration in two categories:
1. We invite submissions for our inaugural issue entitled "Debuts," on topics that may include but are not limited to:
analyses of directorial, acting, or other production debuts.
the debut of a new style, genre, or type of production.
the screening, broadcast, or reception of productions in new markets.
Please send proposals or full essays (preferred), which are not under consideration for publication and have not been previously published, to editors[at]newyorkfilmreview.com before April 1, 2011.
2. Reviews - We are accepting queries to submit reviews of new theatrical or DVD releases (including reissues). We are also interested in coverage of film festivals and retrospectives. We are happy to consider all serious potential contributions, whether about a new blockbuster, art house phenomenon, or cult DVD release.
Please read our style guidelines carefully before you submit. Pieces that do not adhere to the guidelines cannot be considered. The editors of The NYFR may suggest revisions for your work, and reserve the right to edit your finished product.
- Reviews should be approximately 500-1000 words in length.
- Essays can be of any length, though we prefer pieces that are between 2000 and 4000 words.
- In the interest of keeping the journal timely and relevant to the current market, let us know where you saw the film or films mentioned in your article or review, and where and when other people can see them, also.
- Whenever possible, use descriptive language rather than jargon.
- All referenced works are subject to fair use laws, and it is the author's responsibility to adhere to these rules.
- Additionally, it is the author's responsibility to present to the editors original work that has not been published elsewhere and that is not already under consideration elsewhere.
Please email us at editors[at]newyorkfilmreview.com if you have any questions, or if you would like to submit a review or essay for consideration.