[UPDATE] "Everyone Leads": Emerging Leaders Institute of BRIDGES for a Just Community, March 6-7, 2012, Cincinnati, OH
SUBMISSION DEADLINE EXTENDED TO JANUARY 20, 2012
Since 2006, BRIDGES for a Just Community has remapped the social landscape of greater Cincinnati by asking the question, "How do we find and cultivate the local, non-traditional, and informal leadership necessary to transform our schools, communities, and region into a more equitable and just society?" The Emerging Leaders Institute of BRIDGES for a Just Community is an attempt to more fully answer that question. In keeping with the theme of transformative leadership – the belief that everyone leads –BRIDGES for a Just Community seeks proposals for individual and panel presentations that:
• Illustrate and demonstrate the leadership practices of an individual and/or groups that lead to transformative change in neighborhoods, communities, schools and universities, organizations, and/or businesses
• Stimulate and provoke discussion that challenges participants to think differently about their own leadership beliefs and practices
• Provide an experience for participants that is intellectually and emotionally challenging. Ideally, this experience should compel participants to act upon returning to their own spheres of influence.
Prioritized Session Topic Areas:
• Community Engagement and Development
• Youth Engagement and Leadership (ages 5-30+)
• Intergenerational Leadership and Succession Planning
• Equity in Education
• Innovation in Social Service
• Community Service and Volunteerism
• Mobilizing Communities of Faith
• 90 minute presentation sessions – presentations must include a hands-on component that enables participants to put theory into practice. Examples of hands-on components may include: individual, small group, or large activities, games, reflection, workshops, etc.
• 3 hour immersion session – presentations must include a hands-on component that engages participants beyond expectations of 90 minute sessions
All proposals must be received via e-mail (email@example.com) by January 20, 2012 4:30 PM (EST) to be considered for inclusion in the Institute. Proposals should include a brief presentation description that answers the questions of what participants should know, feel, and do as a result of the presentation and should indicate both the category of the presentation and the level of experience of the presenter.