[UPDATE] Society for Disability Studies 2013 Conference Date Change
This is a very important note to inform you that the dates for the 2013 SDS Conference have been moved back by exactly one week to Wednesday, June 26 - Saturday, June 29, 2013. The location of the conference will remain the same, the Doubletree Hotel at Universal Studios in Orlando, Florida, USA.
This change was made necessary because the rapid increase in the size of attendance at the annual SDS Conference. Since this location had been originally arranged, the size of the conference has increased by nearly 50%! In order to ensure plenty of sleeping rooms and appropriate meeting space - SDS needed to renegotiate with the host hotel.
Our host hotel was wonderful in working with SDS! While they could not accommodate our needs during our originally scheduled week, to make up for the inconvenience they have:
1. reduced the SDS attendees room rate from the previous $129.00 to only $99.00/night for single/double/triple/quad occupancy --- no extra person charges!;
2. offered complimentary internet service to all guests in hotel rooms and meeting space
3. offered SDS additional discounts on audiovisual and food and beverage expenses;
4. expanded the amount and size of meeting space provided to SDS at no charge; and
5. increased by 50% over our original allotment, the number of sleeping rooms available to SDS at the new $99.00 rate!
We hope that any inconvenience this date change may cause SDS members can be minimized by this early notice. We look forward to seeing so many of you in Orlando next June!
Have you submitted your proposal yet? If not, we hope you will by November 21st. The Call for Proposals is online at: http://disstudies.org/annual-conference/2013-sds-call-for-proposals/