[UPDATE] Deadline Extended: Twentieth Century Women's Writing (Edited Volume)
We invite scholarly papers that shed light on twentieth century women novelists, playwrights and poets for a forthcoming anthology on twentieth century women writers.
Scope of the volume:
Postmodern and postcolonial women's writing has shown a wide spectrum of theoretical inclusion. Works by writers such as Doris Lessing, Toni Morrison, Nadine Gordimer, Margaret Atwood, Hélène Cixous, Zadie Smith, Ama Ata Aidoo, Hilary Mantel, A. S. Byatt, J. K. Rowling, Adrienne Rich, Carol Ann Duffy and others have explored the various literary genres with their personal faculties for interpreting sociocultural, historical and political conditions of their contemporary conditions, status of women and their role, their implementation of the advancements in theories in humanities and social sciences. The present volume intends to interrogate the significance of women's writing in reshaping the literary canon.
What we are looking for:
Papers that discuss the above mentioned writers only, with a focus on theoretical exploration rather than summative or biographical evaluation.
1. Papers must be within 3500 to 4500 words
2. In-text citation and documentation must strictly follow MLA Handbook for Writers of Research Papers (7th Ed)
3. Endnotes must be used instead of footnotes
4. Font: Times New Roman
5. Title: 14 pt, bold
6. Text: 12 pt, double spaced
7. Cover Page with Abstract within 150 words and Short Author-Bio within 50 words in third person
8. Papers must be submitted in .doc/.docx format
9. A Declaration of originality
Failure to follow the Guidelines may result in rejection.
Deadline of Submission: November 20, 2014
Papers must be sent via email attachment to both Editors with the subject-line "Twentieth Century Women's Writing—Submission":
Subashish Bhattacharjee: firstname.lastname@example.org
Saikat Guha: email@example.com
Department of English, University of North Bengal