EMOTION(S) Conference 17-19 April, 2015
We are pleased to announce that the 24th INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE of the Polish Association for the Study of English (PASE), a branch of the European Society for the Study of English (ESSE), will be held in Wrocław, Poland.
The Conference will be organized and hosted by the
Department of English Studies, University of Wrocław
and The Polish Association for the Study of English
17-19 April 2015
We invite papers, sessions and poster proposals related to the broadly conceived thematic field of
- Ontologies and epistemologies of emotions (Emotions as feelings/ Emotions as self knowledge);
- Histories of emotions, changing emotions;
- Emotions as social and cultural practices;
- Emotions and relations between language and body (Emotions and their relation to bodily states/ Emotions and motivations/Emotions, desires and beliefs);
- Representations of emotions across semiotic systems;
- Emotions in rhetoric;
- Geopolitics of emotions (Geographies of emotions/Politics and emotions);
- Emotions in digital cultures and media (Democratization of emotions/Technologies of emotions);
- Affective (emotional) factors in second language acquisition and learning (Motivation as stimulus appraisal/The dynamic nature of motivation/Anxiety, inhibition and self-confidence in SLA);
- Emotions in teacher-learner classroom contacts;
- Researching emotional influences in the teaching-learning contexts.
Contributed talks will be limited to 20 minutes with additional 10 minutes for discussion. Abstracts of proposed papers, not exceeding 200 words (bibliographies excluded), should be sent to email@example.com by January 15, 2015. The participants will receive notification of acceptance by January 31, 2015.
For more information, visit our website: http://pase2015.wordpress.com