Last Chance to Book: 'Place-Based Arts: Brighton Writes'
Place-Based Arts: Brighton Writes
Friday 29 May 2015
Sallis Benney Theatre, Grand Parade, Brighton UK.
Join us next week for this exciting one-day event on Place-Based Arts, exploring how location can provide diverse and rich triggers for writing and other arts based practices.
Highlights include keynotes from Iain Sinclair and Richard Kerridge, round table debates with artists and writers who have used Brighton as a source for their practice, a film screening of Ian McDonald's Brighton Bandits, and a range of parallel sessions with academics and artists presenting work and ideas relating to place.
Book your place now (£40/£20 incl. lunch): http://shop.brighton.ac.uk/browse/extra_info.asp?compid=1&modid=2&prodid...
Further info available on the event webpage: http://arts.brighton.ac.uk/research/c21/events
We look forward to seeing you there!
09.00-09.30 Registration & Coffee
09.30-10.30 Keynote: Iain Sinclair - "In Praise of Silence: caves, shrines, secret places and their war against virtual imagery and false narrative"
10.30-11.15 Round Table: Brighton Arts
Alison MacLeod | Hamish Black | Rin Mettler | Ian McDonald
11.15-12.00 Readings & Viewings
Vivien Graveson | Andrew Melrose | Mark Rutter | Julian Stannard
12.30-13.30 Keynote: Richard Kerridge - "Particular Places, Typical Places and Shadow Places: how nature writers deal with the elasticity of place"
13.30-14.30 Panel Presentations:
- Waste House Site-specific Workshop with Sara Clifford and Clare Best
- Critical Self Reflection on Practice: Stuart Bennett | Jessica Worden
- Landscape: Fergus Heron | Hannah Vincent | Julia Winckler
14.30-15.30 Panel Presentations:
-Walking: Amy Cunningham, Jac Cattaneo & Shirley Chubb | Sonia Overall
- Image & Filmmaking: Jeremy Bubb | John Maxwell | David Jackson
- Performance: Steve Hawley |Claudia Kappenberg
16.00-17.00 Panel Presentations:
- Post-Industrial Landscapes: Kevin Crooks | Jill Howitt | John Wedgwood Clarke
- Post-Graduate: University of Brighton MA Students
- Collaborations: Alice Entwistle, Inga Burrows & Lou Lockwood | Helen Tookey
17.00-18.00 Round Table: Brighton Writers (Myriad)
Robert Dickinson | Lizzie Enfield | Sally O'Reilly | Ed Siegle | Nye Wright
18.00 Film Screening - Brighton Bandits, dir. Ian McDonald (UK/2007/40mins/DV/English)