Journal of New Zealand Literature Essay Prize (31 August 2015)
JNZL essay prize
The JNZL Prize for New Zealand Literary Studies 2015
The Journal of New Zealand Literature (JNZL) offers an annual prize for an essay in the area of New Zealand literary studies.
• The prize is available to graduate students and to emerging scholars who have completed their PhDs within the last three years.
• There is a cash prize.
• The winning entry will be published in JNZL.
• The prize is open internationally.
• Entries will be judged anonymously by the Editorial Committee and the International Advisory Board of JNZL. Judging will be by majority decision.
• The Editorial Committee reserves the right not to award the prize in any given year.
• Non-winning essays may be considered for publication in JNZL in the usual way.
Submission deadline: 31 August 2015
Please submit the following:
• A copy of the essay.
• A brief CV.
• A covering letter which includes a clear indication that the essay is an entry for the prize.
Submissions should be up to 5000 words in length and in MHRA format (Download a pdf of the MHRA Style Guide, 2.09 MB). They may be sent as hard copy, or as email attachments or on disc (in Microsoft Word or rtf format).
Submissions should be emailed to the editor, Dr Ferrall: email@example.com, or posted to:
Dr Charles Ferrall
The Editor, JNZL
School of English, Film, Theatre and Media Studies
Victoria University of Wellington
PO Box 600