Local and Global Transgressions in Art and Literature, NeMLA, 2016, Hartford CT
United States Association for Commonwealth Literature and Language Studies (USACLALS) panel on Local and Global Transgressions invites papers that address transgression in literature and art as well as transgressive art in general. The panel seeks to explore the complexity of transgression as it crosses cultural boundaries in terms of both production and reception. Papers are encouraged to consider but not limited to the following aspects:
• Labeling of art and/or artist as transgressive
• Value of transgression in a particular cultural context – such as the Victorian Age or Modernism or the Harlem Renaissance or the 1960s.
• The limits of transgression
• Transgressive art in a digital world
• Varieties of transgression: religious, sexual, political, etc.
Deadline for submission is September 30, 2015
For details and abstract submission, please see
Please contact NeMLA Support Staff firstname.lastname@example.org regarding any questions about using the new system