Seeking submissions that takes risks
The Sunflower Collective is now open for submissions. We celebrate the personal and the political - which we believe to be one and the same thing - in art.
We would like to mention at the outset that we are not interested in art that does not take risks. We do not mind if you have a degree but we are unlikely to be impressed by it. Nor do we care which journals have published your work before. All we are interested in is something that sings for itself without any props, something that grabs us by our throat and refuses to let go, something that shakes us out of our complacent stupor. Give us something hungry, not bellyful; something beat, if you get our drift.
We express our inability to publish anything that propagates either left-wing or right-wing fascism.
Please send us your poems, prose, artwork and photographs in the body of the mail at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line mentioning your genre of Submissions. Do read the submission guidelines before sending your work.
1) Poetry: 1-5 poems (Around 5 pages of poetry in total). All forms, including Haikus and Tankas.
2) Experimental and Graphic poems: 1-5 poems (Around 5 pages of poetry in total) including prose/Jazz poems.
3) Prose: 2000-3000 words ( Fiction/ Non Fiction/ Experimental/Memoirs/Haibuns)
4) Translation: Poetry -1-5 poems (Around 5 pages of poetry in total); Prose- 2000-3000 words (Fiction/ Non Fiction/ Experimental/Memoirs)
5) Art work and Photographs/ Photo Essays (5-10 in JPEG format and must not exceed 250K in size )
6) Format: Poetry and prose submissions to be sent in the body of the mail, unless there are specific formatting requirements from the author ( which needs to be mentioned in the mail). Photos and scanned artwork in zipped folders may be attached. Photo essays in MS Word with zipped folders of JPEG images may be separately attached.
7) Font: Garamond-14 pt.
Please send us your work in a single mail. Also, do tell us a little about yourself, especially your country of residence and what you do for a livelihood unless writing is your full-time occupation. Please keep it under 30 words.
Due to the volume of submissions we receive, and the small size of the team, we can only intimate those writers/poets/artists who we publish.