Censorship in World/Global YA Literature - "Right to Read" Column

deadline for submissions: 
June 30, 2016
full name / name of organization: 
Angel Daniel Matos - Column Editor for The ALAN Review
contact email: 

I am currently seeking a scholar, teacher, or librarian who is interested in writing a 3,000 word essay on censorship in world/global young adult literature. In particular, I am interested in essays that explore YA censorship in a non-U.S. context, and that offer readers strategies on how to prevent, address, and prepare for potential acts of censorship. The piece written by the selected columnist will be published in volume 44, issue 3 of The ALAN Review (http://www.alan-ya.org/calls-for-manuscript-submissions/). 

The specific focus of the essay is open, as long as it focuses on the theme of global/world YA. As column editor, I will work closely with you to help you develop and strengthen your piece, offering suggestions of style, content, secondary research, and form. Columnists are expected to revise the piece according to my guidelines and suggestions. 

If you are interested in writing this column, please submit a 250 word abstract and an abridged CV or short bio to Angel Matos (amatos@nd.edu) before June 30th, 2016.