Abhinavgupta A re-reading
Details of Seminar:
“ABHINAVGUPTA-A RE-READING “
The aim of organizing this seminar is as follows.
Abhinavagupta is a Kashmiri practitioner of Sanskrit tradition who is known very scantily. His contribution is massive though. He established a very renowned University which educated 10,000 students in aesthetics, tantra vigyan and traditional Sanskrit theories. He initiated the practice of critical re-reading of previous gurus. He authored 47 books out of which 23 are in existence and rest are referred by him only in other texts in the form of inter-textuality. The relevance of Abhinavagupta can be understood that he calibrated Shaiv school of thought with the aesthetic theories. The students, researchers and faculty from Sanskrit departments as well as Sanskrit practitioners must be exposed to the illuminating practices available in Indian traditions and thoughts coming from Kashmir.
- Contribution of Kashmiri Sanskrit Tradition
- Introduction of Abhinavagupta as an aesthetician
- Prominent thoughts of Abhinavagupta
- Shishya Parampara and Samadhi as propagated by Abhinavagupta
- Inter-textuality of Abhinavagupta
- Tradition of re-reading by Abhinavagupta
Call for Papers: Scholarly abstracts are invited for two days national seminar on one of the above mentioned sub-themes with appropriate considerations. Specifications of Abstract and Language:
Abstract of about 250 words should be submitted in Hindi/ English/ Sanskrit or Gujarati languages.
For English abstracts: Times New Roman format with 12 fonts text and title with 14 fonts.
For Sanskrit/ Gujarati/ Hindi abstracts: Unique code Shruti
The abstracts should be mailed at firstname.lastname@example.org with cc to email@example.com. Selected abstracts should be developed and brought as full paper in research format at the time of seminar. The organizers plan to publish selected scholarly articles in the book form in the course of time.
- Last date for submission of abstract: August 20th 2016
- Final notification of paper acceptance: August 25th 2016
- Last date for Registration: September 3rd 2016
Shri Jawahar Kaul, President, Jammu Kashmir Study Center
Shri Ashutosh Bhatnagar, Secretary, Jammu Kashmir Study Center
Dr Kamleshbhai Choksi, Professor and Head, Department of Sanskrt, Gujarat University
Dr Pawan Kumar Sharma, Professor, Political Science, Atal Bihari Vajpai Hindi Vishvavidyalaya, Bhopal
- Dr Sanjeev Kumar Sharma, Hon. Secretary & Treasurer All India Political Science Association and Professor, department of Political Science has kindly consented to deliver the key- note address for the seminar. Prof Sanjeev Sharma is probably one of the few academicians who has the unique distinction of being scholar of two subjects as varied as Political Science and Sanskrit.
- Shri Rohit Mehta, Chairman, Bhartiya Vidya Bhavan, Ahmedabad Kendra
- Shri Mukesh Patel, Hon. Secretary, Bhartiya Vidya Bhavan, Ahmedabad Kendra
- Principal Dr Neerja A Gupta (9825012984) firstname.lastname@example.org
* Convenor : Desdimona Patel , Department of Sanskrit(9426373816)
* Co-Convenors : Vidya Rao, Head, Dept of English (09825740791)
Dr Niranjana Brahmbhatt, Department of Gujarati (9428677553)
* Members : Dr Swati Kapadia
Dr Alkesh Patel
Dr. Mrinalini Thaker
Prof N. M. Bhoya
Faculty: Rs 1200/-
Research Scholars: Rs 600/-
Students: Rs. 75/-
College Bank Account Name
Bank Account No.
IFSC CODE NO.
Fees by cheque or cash can be remitted at college between 8 a.m. to 12 p.m.