Creative Work wanted for The Waggle Issue 5
We are presently seeking submissions of art, poetry, fiction, and creative non-fiction for our fifth issue! We will also consider reviews of non-mainstream books and music. Frankly, if it’s well-written, we want to read it; if it’s visually intriguing, we want to see it.
In the covering e-mail, please include the author or artist’s name, contact information (address, phone number, e-mail address), and a brief (2-4 sentence) bio. Simultaneous submissions are permitted, but please notify us if your work has been accepted for publication elsewhere.
Deadline for submissions for the next issue is 15 August 2016. (Please feel free to keep sending us wondrous creations beyond that date!)
Visual submissions may be art or photography. Submit .jpg images with a maximum size of 1.5 mb. Submit no more than 5 images at one time. Unconventional artwork, cartoons/comics, and other oddities are welcomed.
On the actual document, include the author’s name. Please, please ensure your name is on your work.
1. Fiction (max 10,000 words): stories should be well-crafted, carefully created, and aware of the power of their language. Shorter works such as flash fiction and postcard stories (under 500 words) are particularly encouraged. Works of any genre are welcome. However, we are unable to publish fan fiction.
2. Poetry (submit no more than 5 poems/100 lines): both conventional and unconventional/experimental poems are welcomed.
3. Hybrid works (max 1500 words: open letters, short satirical pieces, and other oddities. Short, clear, and (if possible) funny.
4. Creative non-fiction (max 5000 words): may include journalism, memoir, personal accounts of events, travels, and personal essays. Submissions dealing with the Peace Region are particularly encouraged.
5. Reviews (max 500 words) of non-mainstream literature, art, and music, including online works are welcomed.
6. Scholarly essays accessible to a general audience are also welcomed. Ensure that your essay provides a short introduction to the subject. Well-written, engaging essays can offer readers points of access into new fields of knowledge.
Submit work by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Fine Print
The Waggle currently has no funding, and so cannot offer contributors payment.
Copyright of all works remains with the author/artist.
The Waggle is published by an independent editorial collective operating from Grande Prairie Regional College. Neither the College, its sponsors, administration, nor the editorial collective take any responsibility for the opinions or works published herein. Opinions are those of the authors solely.
Works advocating racism, sexism, homophobia, transphobia, and other forms of hate are unwelcome in all forums, including this one.