Re/Inventions: Spaces - Graduate Student Conference - CSU, Long Beach
ATTENTION: THE DEADLINE HAS BEEN EXTENDED FROM FEB 1ST TO FEB 15TH.
PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE TO VIEW OUR CFP http://www.cla.csulb.edu/departments/english/reinventions/
Re/Inventions is the annual conference organized by the English Graduate Student Association (EGSA)
of California State University, Long Beach.
Our goal is to provide a forum in which graduate students and advanced undergraduates may present their academic research
in a conference setting.Re/Inventions promotes interdisciplinary collaboration and engagement among students from Southern California and around the globe.
As we solicit papers which explore the theme SPACES, we ask scholars to consider what it means to embody spaces. Potential topics include (but are not limited to) the following:
• Creating spaces
• Controlled spaces
• Wilderness, Nature
• Light and Dark
• Feminine and Masculine
• Exile, disaster, trauma, refugee narratives
• Controlled or Appropriated spaces
• Narratives of Movement/Immigration/Emigration
• Beauty [Standards of, Aesthetics of, etc.]
• History, time and place
• Body as a physical space, gender, sexuality, etc.
• Genre novels and their location within academia
• Visual literacy [video games, movies, etc.] and its location within academia
• Spaces for, and definitions of, literacies
• Animals as pets, guides, guards, and allegories
• Sleeping and dreaming
• Minor characters
SUBMIT ABSTRACTS OF 250-300 WORDS
ALONG WITH A CURRENT CV TO: EGSA.CSULB@GMAIL.COM.
Presentations should run
approximately 12 to 15 minutes.
Hosted by the English Graduate Student Association and the English Department at CSU Long Beach.Supported by ASI.