CFP 3rd Congress of Metafiction and Intertextuality: New Theoretical Approaches
Though metafiction and intertextuality phenomena are common to literature since ancient and classic works, their manifestation has spread exponentially with the coming of Modernity. Nowadays it's almost natural to find autoreferential mechanisms and jokes not only in literature, but in film, talk shows, publicity, websites and videogames. Human production in the XXIst Century can't be explained without considering any form of boundary transgression; consciousness of itertextuality itself has become a topic for memes about TV Series. Thus the panorama for studies has grown widely, and methodologies too have required a metatheoretical perspective. This range of problems are of central interest to the Seminario permanente de Metaficción e Intertextualidad Acatlán UNAM, which will celebrate its 3rd Congress on October, 2017.
We hereby invite proposals for panels on topics such as:
1. Theory and Criticism of Autoreferentiality
2. Metaliterature and Transtextuality of the Metafictional Object
3. Metafiction and Cinema
4. Intertextuality and Intermediality as Mechanisms of Autoreferentiality
5. Autoreferentiality and Theory of the Fantastic (as a Genre or/and as an Aesthetic)
6. Poetics of Narration (literature and other discourses: transmedia, videogames, blogs, comics)
7. Parody and Irony
8. Metafiction and Marginal Literatures
Abstracts should be no longer than 500 words and be submitted to our e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org no later than August 4th, 2017. They will be evaluated and the responses with the decisions will be sent by September the 1st. There is no fee for confirmed panelists. The Congress will take place on October 17th, 18th, and 19th, 2017.
Please feel free to write an e-mail with any inquiries.
Thank you in advance for submitting your abstracts.
Metafiction and Intertextuality Seminar Acatlán
Hispanic Language and Literature Department
FES Acatlán - UNAM