Postgraduate English Journal, Autumn 2017, Issue 35 Call for Submissions
Postgraduate English Journal Call for Submissions
The Postgraduate English Journal, Durham University’s Online peer-reviewed literary journal, is one of the longest-running online postgraduate literary journals in the UK. In recent years the journal has received reprint requests from academic publishers.
Early-career researchers/academics and postgraduates are invited to submit papers of 5 – 7,000 words (or book reviews of no more than 2000 words) by Monday, 28th August 2017 for the journal’s 35th edition.
- Contributions from any area of literary research are welcome to reflect a wide diversity of interests. If submitting a book review, please contact the editors in advance with details of the book you wish to review. When submitting your work, please include the name of your institution, the full title of your programme, and the title of the essay or review, as well as an email address and keywords for reference.
All articles need to comply with the MLA style guide with references included in footnotes rather than as in-text parenthetical citations. Footnotes should appear at the bottom of the page on which they are referenced rather than at the end of the paper and should be in 10 pt. They should be single spaced, and there should be a footnote separator rule (line). Some further points to note:
- Footnote numbers or symbols in the text must follow, rather than precede, punctuation.
- If there is more than one source in a sentence, please footnote each source separately after other punctuation (e.g. commas or semicolons).
- Text needs to be double spaced, without additional spacing after paragraphs.
- Font: 12pt, Times New Roman
- Alignment: Left
- Margins: 1 inch/2.54 cm all around.
- Long quotations (more than three lines): included in the text as block quotations, single spaced, indentation increased by 1.27 cm on both sides.
- Page numbers: plain number, bottom centre of the page.
Authors are responsible for obtaining permission to reproduce any material in which they do not own copyright, to be used in print and electronic media and for ensuring that the appropriate acknowledgements are included in their manuscript. For queries or further information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about the journal, and to read current and previous issues, please visit: http://community.dur.ac.uk/postgraduate.english/ojs/index.php/pgenglish/...
Please send submissions and Forum content to the editors, Megumi Chou and Yimon Lo, via email@example.com.
Lastly, we are also happy to advertise postgraduate conferences in the UK and Europe on request.