I International Conference on Research in Multilingualism: Innovation and New Challenges
The expansion of bilingual and multilingual education in an increasingly globalised world involves a series of intrinsic challenges to which both teachers and students respond with changes and innovations – technological, methodological or procedural – with respect to the traditional model of learning-teaching. In parallel with this, it also offers an interesting field of study to undertake research into the learning of a language in all its domains – linguistic, social, or cultural – not only from theoretical approaches, but also in order to uncover areas of improvement and good practice.
Thus, this congress connects the world of actual teaching in the classroom to that of educational design and linguistic policy, and all of them to the empirical research in the learning and acquisition of one or several languages and cultures in linguistic immersion contexts. For this reason, the congress is of interest to those who are in contact with any aspect of learning one or several foreign languages in any educational level, or those who wish to do so in a near future.
- Ute Smit (Universität Wien, Austria)
- Emma Dafouz (Universidad Complutense de Madrid)
- Ana Ruiz (Universidad Autónoma de Madrid)
We welcome original papers (20 minutes in length, followed by 10 minutes for questions and discussion), and posters (these will be presented on a single session) on any of the subjects that come within the list of conference topics below:
- Studies on bilingual education and multilingualism
- Linguistic policies in the European Framework for Higher Education
- Reconceptualization of methodological models
- (e)-Teacher training
- Innovation experiences in Foreign Language Didactics
- (e)-innovation in the European Framework for Higher Education
- Intercultural research
Proposals must be sent as email attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org, or via the website form (see below) before 18th October 2017, including a Word/PDF file with the following information:
- Paper title and abstract (250 to 300 words) written in any of the official languages of the congress (English, French, German, or Spanish)
- Author’s/Authors’ name(s) and affiliation(s); E-mail address(es); a short biodata (50-150 words)
- Keywords: between 3 and 5 key words to specify the fields of the proposal
Notification of acceptance of the proposals will be sent by 31st October 2017, followed by an invitation to submit a longer summary (no longer than 8 pages), to be published in the Book of the Congress (not proceedings). Registration of at least one of the authors is necessary for the presentation and publication of the proposal.