Separate Spheres and Closed Doors: Recasting Gender and Space
Separate Spheres & Closed Doors: Recasting Gender and Space
Call for Papers
April 19th-20th 2018
Singleton Abbey, University of Swansea
We are inviting proposals for the bi-annual GENCAS Postgraduate Conference, exploring the interactions of gender and space across periods and disciplines. Panel Papers (20 minutes) may discuss, but are not limited to, any of the following topics:
• Representations of Gendered Spaces in Literature and the Visual Arts
• Questions of Access and Restriction – Women in STEM, Social Policy & Transgender Rights, Public Breastfeeding and Women’s Rights
• Bodily Space and Medical Discourse (e.g. One Sex-Two Sex Bodies)
• Displacement and Dislocation (Homelessness, Exile, etc.)
• Fraternities, Sororities, and Institutional Identities.
• Conceptual Spaces & Schools of Thought
Presentations in Welsh are encouraged – Simultaneous translation will be provided
Please send abstracts of no more than 300 words to Maria Zygogianni & Jack Orchard at firstname.lastname@example.org by 30th January 2018.