CFP: German Women Writers - MMLA Nov 2018
2018 MMLA Conference Theme
Kansas City, MO
November 15-18, 2018
Panel: German Women Writers
We are seeking papers which deal with the literary texts and lives of German-speaking women writers from any period and in any genre. Papers that address the Convention theme of “Consuming Cultures” are especially welcome.
Please submit 250-word abstracts and a 50-word bio as email attachments to Bethany Morgan email@example.com by April 5th, 2018.
Possible sub-themes of the Convention theme “Consuming Cultures” include:
- “buying into” womanhood
- gender and consumerism
- consumerism and class
- conspicuous consumption
- consumerized empowerment
- studies in food, agriculture, animals, and plants
- intersections between postcolonialism, imperialism, and capitalism
- the co-opting of culture as a consumable good
- ecocritical readings of consumption
- transcultural identities
- varying methods of consumption: digital, etc.
- disability studies in culture
- issues of feminism and womanism
- cultures of non-consumption: asceticism
- consumption vs. production