Asian Studies Conference and Festival--DEADLINE EXTENDED
Extended deadline for submissions: January 31, 2019
Email your proposal to: email@example.com
- Conference date: April 5, 2019
- Venue: College of Business Building, University of Central Oklahoma
100 N University Dr.
Edmond, OK 73034
- Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration includes a luncheon featuring authentic Asian foods.
- CONFERENCE THEME: The Multicolored Tapestry of Asia: Traditions, Conversations, and Development
One of the ancient records of human civilization, the history of Asia comprises many vast strands of influences—cultural, geo-political, philosophical, technological, and artistic. Asia was, and continues to be, a site of vibrant intercontinental encounters—where the West meets the East—and cross-cultural exchanges give rise to a series of collaboration, innovation, mutual understandings, as well as debates and conflicts. Therefore, the Asian Studies Conference invites students, faculty members, independent scholars, and administrators to contribute to this ongoing, interdisciplinary reflection on, and conversation about, Asia’s past, present, and future in the context of globalization and multiculturalism.
- PROPOSAL GUIDELINES
We welcome individual papers, panels, and posters exploring and examining topics relating to Asian cultures and societies, as are suggested, but not limited to:
- Business and Finance
- Food!!! (and drinks)
- Geography and History
- Literature, Languages, and Cultural Studies (manga, anime, K-pop, etc.)
- Politics and Political History
- Popular Culture and Contemporary Trends
- Religion and Mythology
- The Arts and Humanities
- The Sciences
- Traditional Medicine, Health Beliefs and Practices
Presenters are encouraged to resituate their understanding of the Asian aspects and influences in a multicultural context and show how Asian Studies can give insight into the future development of the world’s largest continent.
Please submit a 200-word limit abstract by January 31, 2019 to email@example.com.
Further information can be found at https://goo.gl/CBv6Vh