Seeking contributor to write on ASSAULT and/or YOUTH VIOLENCE for Violence in American Society: An Encyclopedia of Trends, Problems, and Perspectives.

deadline for submissions: 
March 1, 2019
full name / name of organization: 
Chris Richardson
contact email: 

I am looking to assign two entries for Violence in American Society: An Encyclopedia of Trends, Problems, and Perspectives. Unfortunately, I had these entries fall through last minute and now I’m scrabbling to find a writer or writers able to take on the subject of "Assault" and Youth Violence." The entries would each look at historical, contemporary, and mediated depictions in the United States. Each would be 5,000 - 8,000 words, however 25% of that can be primary documents (court rulings, historical documents, laws, etc.) While it is a substantial task, which I would require no later than May, 2019, I can see someone with expertise in the subject(s) able to do it. The expectation is for an overview and not argumentative or original research, broken down into three categories: 1) history (pre-2000); 2) contemporary (2000-present); and 3) Media (e.g., television, film, music, news, etc.). Please contact me for more details and let any colleauges or graduate students know about this opportunity for publication. Thank you!