Native Voices from India: A Reminiscence
CALL FOR PAPERS for Edited Volume with ISBN.
Native Voices from India: A Reminiscence
The in-raid of English Studies had been a post-Independence vigour in India. The establishment of private educational sectors with a stress on English as the primary language had swept off the voices of the native languages of India. In this modern age of tech-based applications, even English as a language is shrinking in shape and size. We no more write ‘about’ but ‘abt’; r8 and not ‘right’, f9 and never ‘fine’. In a jet-pace, the world is breaking all barriers and coming closer via social media while the ones physically nearer to us are straying away, unnoticed. In an age, where reading means ‘kindle-d joy’, the question remains – where do our native languages stand? With the changing scenario, the alphabets of the native languages are made available and we have Google translator to complete the left over task. What about the veiled volumes of literature that have been produced in the native languages? It’s time that we try to look back and make an effort to exhume those hidden treasures.
This edited volume is an attempt to revive the native voices from India. I prefer to use the term ‘native’ instead of ‘regional’ because these languages belong to the Indian soil. They are not foreign to us. They are very much at the centre of our cultural heritage and never at the periphery. India is a country with diversity. One can discern the assorted aspects of this country in terms of geographical, linguistics, social, religious and even seasonal variations.
- What exactly is this edited volume looking for?
- What are we trying to explore through your contributory research paper?
- Any genre of writing from any of the Indian languages.
- Stress on the lesser known authors – with their realm of speciality.
- How we want to see your research paper/article to be put into words?
- There should be a detailed biography of the writer (since the writer you are taking up is assumed to be lesser known to the readers) and it is a necessity to validate the biographical sketch. A proper referencing of the biography should reflect in the “works cited” part of your paper to authenticate the biographical claim.
- The biographical sketch should be followed by the research paper which you prefer to write so as to convey why he/she should be brought to the notice of the larger audience.
- You have the freedom to analyse the work/s of the respective writer/s from any critical perspective as you deem appropriate.
Guidelines for paper submissions
- Original and unpublished work will be considered
- Script should be in MS WORD – Times New Roman, Title of the paper – 14 font size; the content matter – font Size 12
- Double spacing throughout
- The write-up should conform to the MLA 8th edition.
- Abstract: 300 – 500 words
- Full Paper length: 5000 – 7500 words
- Title Page should contain ONLY: Title of the paper, full name of the author(s), designation, affiliation and title of the paper, email id.
- A brief bio-note(around 100-150 words) should accompany the submission.
- Soft copy should be mailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- All papers will be blind reviewed.
- Only properly formatted papers, following the submission guidelines will be considered for further processing.
First Round Selection Deadlines:-
- The deadline for receiving abstracts (MS WORD attachment) is April 05, 2020.
- Notification of abstract acceptance is April 10, 2020
Second Round Selection Deadlines:-
- The submission deadline for of full-length paper is April 30, 2020
- Notification of full paper acceptance is May 15, 2020.
- We are NOT looking into those writers who are already well known to the readers by means of translation into other languages.
- Due to the existence of a vast range of native languages, it will not be plausible for the editor/s to read the original work/s. Hence, the responsibility lies with the contributor to ensure that they have done a thorough research about their chosen writer/s and works.
There are no publication charges.
- For any query, mail to: email@example.com
Dr Arpita Ghosh
Department of English (PG)
Kristu Jayanti College (Autonomous)