TYCA-SW 2019 Conference
October 24-26, 2019 at Lone Star College-Montgomery in Conroe, Texas
This year’s conference theme is “Reinvigorating the Public Sphere.” We seek proposals that address, but are not limited to:
- Using literature to reflect and understand our community, society and public concerns.
- Moving creative writing as a vehicle from the classroom to the wider campus and community.
- Responding to effects on classes, college, and communities and economic and political stressors in our students’ lives.
- Validating marginalized students’ responses to core classes and how best to incorporate students' lives in the writing class.
- Including academic theory -- feminism, gender studies, socio-economic studies, critical race theory, and more -- in writing instruction.
- Collaborating with interdepartmental writing assignments, instruction and assessment for student success.
We also encourage Developmental English faculty to participate with experience concerning "co-req," Accelerated Learning Programs, or similar.