Books Available for Review for the Journal for the Study of Radicalism
Below is an updated list of texts available for review in The Journal for the Study of Radicalism. Reviewers must be professors, independent scholars, or professionals who hold a PhD or terminal degree in their field. Advanced graduate students are also encouraged to reply.
Email the Book Review Editor at email@example.com in order to review a text listed below. We also welcome and encourage ideas on other texts related to radicalism.
Typically, reviews run 600-800 words, follow Chicago Manual Style for any citations, and should offer an objective, scholarly assessment of the work's subject, particularly as it relates to issues of radicalism and/or radical change. Reviews will be published within 1 year after completed reviews are received and approved by the editorial board and external reviewers.
- An American Anarchist: The Life of Voltairine de Cleyre, Paul Avrich
- Assassins Against the Old Order: Italian Anarchist Violence in Fin De Siecle Europe, Nunzio Pernicone and Fraser Ottanelli
- Autonomy, Refusal, and the Black Bloc: Positioning Class Analysis in Critical and Radical Theory, Robert F. Carley
- Community-Focused Counter-Radicalization and Counter-Terrorism Projects: Experiences and Lessons Learned, Kawser Ahmed, Patrick Belanger, and Susan Szmania
- Death to Fascism: Louis Adamic’s Fight for Democracy, John Enyeart
- Fracturing the Founding: How the Alt-Right Corrupts the Constitution, John R. Finn
- Food Justice Now! Deepening the Roots of Social Struggle, Joshua Sbicca
- In the Company of Rebels: A Generational Memory of Bohemians, Deep Heads, and History Makers, Chellis Glendinning
- Libertarian Socialism: Politics in Black and Red, ed. by Alex Prichard, Ruth Kinna, Saku Pinta, and David Berry
- 1968 Mexico: Constellations of Freedom and Democracy, Susana Draper
- Radicalism and Music: An Introduction to the Music Cultures of al-Qa’ida, Racist Skinheads, Christian-Affiliated Radicalism, and Eco-Animal Rights Militants, Jonathan Pieslak
- Such a Pretty Girl: A Story of Struggle, Empowerment, and Disability Pride, Nadina LaSpina
- Seeking Rights from the Left: Gender, Sexuality, and the Latin American Pink Tide, ed. Elisabeth Jay Friedman
- The World in a City: Multiethnic Radicalism in Early Twentieth-Century Los Angeles, David Struthers
- Martyrs & Tricksters: An Ethnography of the Egyptian Revolution, Walter Armbrust
- The Politics of a Attack: Communiques and Insurrectionary Violence, Michael Loadenthal
- The Art of Protest: Culture and Activism from the Civil Rights Movement to the Present, Second Edition, T.V. Reed
Book Review Editor, Journal for rthe Study of Radicalism