David Foster Wallace panels at ALA 2020
The International David Foster Wallace Society will sponsor two panels at the 31st annual conference of the American Literature Association in San Diego on May 21-24, 2020.
We are seeking submissions related to any aspect of Wallace’s fiction or nonfiction. Paper topics may include but are not limited to:
- New close readings of individual texts, especially those that might challenge conventional wisdom and established readings
- Wallace and genre fiction
- Wallace in the public sphere, including adaptations and allusions to Wallace in other media
- Wallace’s self-management of his own public image
- Wallace and race
- Wallace and cultural space
- Teaching Wallace, especially to non-majors or in departments other than English
- Wallace and “difficulty”
- Wallace and emergent media, e.g., hypertext, the audiobook
Please send abstracts of no more than 300 words including name, institutional affiliation, and contact information, no later than January 15, 2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate in the subject line of your email that this submission is for ALA 2020, and attach your abstract as a Word document. Note that scholars are limited to one presentation at this conference. Please indicate if you’ll need AV equipment.
For more information about the conference, please consult the ALA website, http://americanliteratureassociation.org/ And for information about the David Foster Wallace Society, please go to https://www.dfwsociety.org/
Also, visit https://www.dfw2020conference.org/ for information about DFW 2020, a conference hosted by the IDFWS and taking place in Austin, TX on June 4-6, 2020.