Call for International Conference Proposals (China)
美 国 研 究 中 心
Center for American Studies
The Third International Conference on the Humanistic Foundation
and Cross-cultural Understanding of Sino-American Relations
Call for Proposals
June 5th to 7th, 2020 Emeishan City, Sichuan, China P. R.
Deadline for Proposals: March 1, 2020
Standing on the humanistic foundation, and advocating the cross-cultural understanding, this is a key perspective to discuss problems within many domains between China and America, and it also plays a very crucial role to lead the development of Sino-American relation. Based on this perspective, since 2018, Center for American Studies of Sichuan Province at Southwest Jiaotong University has conducted “International Conference on the Humanistic Foundation and Intercultural Communication on Sino-American Relations” for 2 years. Scholars from China and many other countries shared their opinions and carried out in-depth discussion. In 2020, Center for American Studies will continue conducting the third international conference on this topic. A slight change from “Intercultural Communication” to “Cross-cultural Understanding” in the title of the conference implies the development of the conference’s academic concern, which focuses on the foundational and humanistic research on American Studies on the one hand, and on the other hand to make its contribution on mutual understanding between China and America in the era of globalization.
We warmly invite you to submit your proposals and participate in this conference.
Based on the main topic “The Humanistic Foundation and Cross-cultural Understanding on Sino-American Relations”, suggested sub-topics are listed as below:
1. American Studies: including American language education policies, current Chinese language teaching in America, Chinese Studies in America, American transportation
2. Relation between China and America, relation between Sichuan and America: including humanistic relation between China and America, economic and business relation between China and America, communication on the transportation technology between China and America, communication and cooperation between Sichuan and America
3. The Acceptance of Chinese Culture in America and Its Problems: including the study on Chinese culture and society in America, the translation and acceptance of traditional Chinese classics in America, reading and introduction of contemporary Chinese literature and arts in America
4. Deans’ Forum: education in the disciplines of foreign languages and reginal studies
Arrival on June 5th
Presentations from June 6th to 7th
Closing Ceremony on June 7th
Departure on June 8th afternoon
Emei Campus, Southwest Jiaotong University
Emeishan City, Sichuan, China P. R.
IV. Conference Languages
V. Contribution requirements
1. Please submit the registration form including a paper title, an abstract (200 words in English or 500 characters in Chinese) and a photo/copy of the photo page of your passport until March 1st, 2020 by email to the organizing committee (firstname.lastname@example.org). After a quality review process, invitation letter will be sent to you.
2. Please submit a draft of the paper before May 4th, 2020 (8, 000 words in English or 10, 000 – 15, 000 characters in Chinese). The conference papers will be edited and published in a conference volume in Sino-American Humanity Studies.
Accommodation in Emeishan City will be arranged by the conference organizing team at conference discount rates. Hotel prices are subject to adjustment. The organizers provide catering, shuttle bus service and conference interpretation.
VII. Contact information
- Xiankai Ren (Associate Director of Center for American Studies), Email: email@example.com
- Kehong Liu (Secretary of Center for American Studies) Phone Number: +86 028-66367853, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
School of Foreign Languages
Center for American Studies
Southwest Jiaotong University
The Third International Conference on the Humanistic Foundation and Cross-cultural Understanding of Sino-American Relations
(Please send the filled in registration form back before March 1st, 2020)
Name (as in passport)
□Vegetarian □Halal □Kosher □Other requirement： .
Abstract (200 words in English or 500 characters in Chinese)