PORTALS: A Journal of Comparative Literature, Spring 2020 edition
The Comparative Literature Student Association (CLSA) at San Francisco State University is accepting submissions for the
Spring 2020 edition of the literary journal Portals.
Portals is San Francisco State University’s global journal for scholarship in comparative and world literature. We publish student research, both from San Francisco State University and from universities around the world. Past volumes may be accessed at http://portalsjournal.com/. We will publish our more recent publications, including this year’s submissions, on this website.
NEW Submission Deadline: March 27th, 2020
· Essays should be in MLA style, 12-point font, and no longer than 25 pages.
· Authors may submit up to 3 pieces.
· Authors must be currently enrolled undergraduate students, graduate students, or doctoral candidates.
· Include a 250-word abstract and a cover sheet with contact information, including school affiliation and current academic year. Your name should not be featured outside the cover sheet; this is a blind selection process.
· Submissions not in English will be considered, though translations will be prioritized.
Please email your original and previously unpublished submission as a .doc attachment to email@example.com with “Portals Submission” in the subject line.
In addition to papers looking across linguistic borders, we invite submissions from those engaging critically with literary topics from an interdisciplinary or comparative perspective, as well as papers engaging with literary theory and criticism.
For any questions, please contact Alexa Barger, Managing Editor (San Francisco State University) at firstname.lastname@example.org.