Call for book chapters - Non-canonical British literature: 1890 - 1945
Call for book chapters - Non-canonical British literature: 1890-1945 - abstracts by 20 March, papers due 30 June 2020 We are working on an edited book on non-canonical English literature between 1890 and 1945 to be published by a UK publisher by the end of 2020. The provisional title of the book is Non-canonical British Literature: 1890-1945, and topics might include (but are not limited to):
- theoretical background of non-canonicity;
- studying individual non-canonical writers and their work(s);
- reasons for exclusion from the canon;
- shift from non-canonical to canonical;
- the role of power, ideology and religion in exclusion from the canon;
- conventionality and tradition;
- reception studies;
- sexuality, violence and censorship.
Please send an abstract as a word document of 300 words with a short bio note of 100 words to Petar Penda (email@example.com) and to Tatjana Bijelic (firstname.lastname@example.org) Abstract submission is due to March 30th 2020 and paper submission (5000 – 7000 words) is due to August 30th 2020.
Petar Penda is full professor of English literature. https://www.flf.unibl.org/teaching-staff/petar-penda-en/
Tatjana Bijelic is full professor of English literature and creative writing. https://www.flf.unibl.org/teaching-staff/tatjana-bijelic-en/#