BSECS Postgraduate & Early Career Conference
Postgraduate & Early Career Researcher Conference
University of Warwick, 7-8 July 2020
Whilst proposals on all eighteenth-century topics are welcome, we particularly encourage those that address any aspect of our light theme ‘Opposites and Oppositions’ throughout the long eighteenth century. We invite proposals for individual papers, for fully formed panels of three or four papers, for roundtable sessions, and for workshops and innovative formats.
Some suggested topics for papers include, but are not limited to:
- Party politics and oppositions (e.g. Whigs and Tories, Hanover and Stuart claims)
- Town and country
- Cosmopolitanism and nationalism
- The Ancients versus Moderns debate
- Opposition and resistance to slavery and colonialism
- Civic humanism and the credit economy
- Religious doctrine and non-conformism
For individual papers, please send abstracts of 250 words to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 17 April.
For fully formed panels, please send abstracts of 250 words for each paper along with brief details of the proposed theme, speakers, and chair.
For more information, visit https://www.bsecs.org.uk/conferences/postgraduate-early-career-conference/