Travel Studies - NEPCA 2020 Conference
The Northeast Popular Culture Association (NEPCA) will hold its 2020 conference October 23-24 at Southern New Hampshire University in Manchester, NH.
The Travel Studies Area of NEPCA invites paper proposals on the subject of travel and tourism, broadly conceived. Paper proposals may include (but are not limited to) analysis and critical perspectives on topics such as:
- Depictions of travel in art, film, literature, and television
- Historic sites, museums, and monuments
- History of travel and tourism
- Marketing of travel and tourism
- Material culture and travel (i.e. souvenirs)
- Moral perspectives on travel and tourism
- Specialty travel (i.e. business, educational, religious)
- Travel accommodations (i.e. hotels, motels)
- Travel and tour companies
- Travel media (i.e. television programs, websites)
- Travel writing (i.e. narratives, guidebooks, blogs)
Proposals for individual papers as well as complete panels are welcome. Please submit paper proposals through the NEPCA online submission form: https://nepca.blog/conference.
For more information, please see the NEPCA website: https://nepca.blog/
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS: JUNE 1, 2020.
NEPCA prides itself on holding conferences that emphasize sharing ideas in a non-competitive and supportive environment. We welcome proposals from graduate students, academic scholars, museum professionals, and others with critical perspectives on popular culture issues. NEPCA conferences offer intimate and nurturing sessions in which new ideas and works-in-progress can be aired, as well as completed projects.