Digitorium Digital Humanities Conference
Call for Papers
Event: Digitorium Digital Humanities Conference
When: Thursday, October 1 – Saturday, October 3, 2020
Where: University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, AL
We’re very excited to invite proposals for Digitorium 2020, a multi-disciplinary Digital Humanities conference held at the University of Alabama from October 1-3, 2020. We seek proposals from a range of people including those who are brand new in the field of digital humanities, experienced scholars, practitioners, students, and anybody in-between to create an inclusive environment where everybody can learn something from each other. Proposals should demonstrate how we as digital humanists can engage with communities and our scholarship in new and innovative ways using digital methods.
This year, we will be celebrating the 6th year of Digitorium, as well as the 10th anniversary of the Alabama Digital Humanities Center. To celebrate those milestones, our theme this year will be “Progress.” This could be progress that the field has made in a particular area, how we continue to progress, or where we could improve digital humanities to further progress the field. We welcome creativity in your proposals! If you have any questions about whether your proposal might fit, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Participants can submit proposals that engage with one of the following:
- Digital Methods: presentations that use digital methods to further scholarship in established fields or highlight new and exciting areas in their research subjects.
- Public Scholarship: presentations on utilizing digital methods to engage the public through institutions such as universities, libraries, and museums.
- Digital Pedagogy: presentations on using digital methods for innovative approaches to teaching at any level.
Presentations include a variety of formats for the conference, but they are not limited to those listed below. For example, presentations could be:
- 20 minute papers
- Workshops where the presenter teaches a digital method or tool (let us know what the specifications are for the workshop)
- Completed or in-progress project demonstrations
- Panel discussions
Deadline for submitting abstracts is March 15, 2020.
All proposals should be made via the Submissions page on the conference website.
Feel free to contact the ADHC at email@example.com if you have any questions.
Please visit our website for more information as it becomes available regarding the plenary speakers, the venue, and the departments generously offering their support for Digitorium 2020.