"Victorian Cultures of Collectivity" at the Midwest Modern Language Association Conference
CALL FOR PAPERS
2020 MMLA Conference’s MVSA-Affiliated Panel
November 5-8, 2020
“Cultures of Collectivity”
In keeping with the MMLA conference theme, “Cultures of Collectivity,” the Midwest Victorian Studies Association panel welcomes proposals that explore myriad examples of cultural collectivity in 19th century Britain.
Possible topics include but are not limited to:
- Collective movements within Victorian culture related to
- Cultivating collectivity within culture related to
- Taste, behavior, manners, etc.
- Education, training, schools of thought, etc.
- Gender, class, and other markers of group identities
- Subculture and counterculture collectivity
- Collaborative or collective scholarly and artistic productions and initiatives
We welcome papers about diverse genres and media and would particularly encourage proposals with significant interdisciplinary/cross-disciplinary engagement, highlighting varied aspects of nineteenth-century British history, literature, and culture.
The deadline for proposals is April 5, 2020.
Please submit a 250-word abstract and a 1-page vita (as Microsoft Word documents) for consideration to Gretchen M. Frank at firstname.lastname@example.org.