The End is Here - Creative Writing Collection
Spectral Visions Press is now accepting submissions for The End is Here: A Book about the Apocalypse. We want to hear your unique take on the fall of civilisation, we want to see your visions of our potential future, and we want to journey into your dystopic worlds. If you have a story or poem that fits the brief, start submitting.
• Minimum 1,000 words, maximum of 5,000 words of prose or 30 lines of poetry.
• Submissions should be formatted as a word document; we cannot work with pdf.
• Submissions should be double-spaced, use a neutral font style, and font size of eleven.
• Please include your full name, email address, your piece’s title, the date of submission, and a short bio (100 words) all on a short cover letter.
• All work must be original and not have been used previously in another collection.
If accepted, you are giving Spectral Visions Press:
• The right to publish and republish the story in or in connection with Spectral Visions Press, including electronic or hard copy form, including in promotional material or compilations provided that authorial credit is given in every instance of reproduction.
• The right to include your work in an anthology or collection which may retail through Amazon.com or similar outlets.
• After your story appears in a Spectral Visions publication you are free to republish your piece elsewhere as long as you communicate to potential buyers that they are buying your story as a non-exclusive piece.
• We do not offer monetary compensation. We may publish your work online as well as communicate your story online or in print form. We will give your work credit when promoting it using your name, your website if you have one, and your short bio.
Stories should be written to a reasonably good standard upon submission. We are looking for strong characters, emotional investment, and reasonable plot development within the word count allowed. Any submissions should be sent to the following email address email@example.com by the 30th of March 2020.