Gender in Crisis. COVID-19 and its Impact (Special Issue)
According to the most recent gender report by the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) “disease outbreaks affect women and men differently, and pandemics make existing inequalities for women and girls and discrimination of other marginalized groups such as persons with disabilities and those in extreme poverty, worse” (COVID-19: A Gender Lens). The COVID-19 crisis has affected and continues to affect every aspect of our lives, raising anxieties, limiting spaces, and intensifying tension and conflict in different areas.
In response to the current situation, Gender Forum dedicates a special issue to the impact of the COVID-19 crisis on gender-related issues. We welcome submissions addressing - but by no means limited to - gender issues in the following areas:
- division of labor in the workforce (esp. health and social sectors)
- gender equality in the economic downturn
- economy and entrepreneurship
- sexual and reproductive health and rights
- domestic violence
- artists and culture (musicians, social media artists, authors etc)
- social media
- politics and voice
- prohibitions and prejudice
- environmental issues
- international relations and country-specific differences
We also welcome other formats, including commentaries and creative texts.
Contributions including abstracts of no more than 250 words and a brief bio should be submitted to gender-forum[at]uni-koeln.de by May 15, 2020. Articles should conform to current MLA Style (8th edition) and not exceed 5,000 words in length.
Publication date: June 2020