Ọyẹ: Journal of Language, Literature and Popular Culture Vol. 2. No. 2 Special Edition: Ekiti
Ọyẹ: Journal of Language, Literature and Popular Culture is an academic journal domiciled in the Department of English and Literary Studies of the Federal University, Oye-Ekiti, Ekiti State, Nigeria. It seeks to publish insightful research from established and emerging scholars on all aspects of English Language, Literature and Popular Culture, especially as they relate to Africa and to the Black Diaspora.
For its third edition which will be published in December 2020, Ọyẹ will be focusing on the language, literature and popular culture of Ekiti State.
We are especially interested in submissions with an interdisciplinary focus. Papers might examine, but are not limited to the following issues:
- 21st Century Interpretations of the “Stubborn Ekiti” Stereotype
- Ekiti Intellectual Pre-Eminence and Popular Culture
- The Evolution of Ekiti Women
- Cultural Festivals in Ekiti
- The Ekiti Landscape in Visual Arts and Culture
- The work of writers and artistes of Ekiti descent such as Niyi Osundare, Rasaki Ojo Bakare, Victor Olaiya, Dele Ojo, Sade Adu (Sade), Yinka Ayefele, Yetunde Alabi (Sasha), Niniola Apata (Niniola), Teniola Apata (Teni), Folarin Falana (Falz), Jimoh Aliu, Odunlade Adekola, Peju Ogunmola and Seun Akindele
- Royalty and Kingship in Ekiti
- Religion and Ritual in Ekiti
- Up School: Ekiti’s Educational Exceptionalism
- The Ekiti Diaspora and the Challenge of Cultural Change
- Opulent Onomastics: The Art and Science of Ekiti Names
- Land of Honour: Understanding Ekiti Oriki
- eEkiti: Ekiti on Social Media
Submissions should come with 200-word abstracts, must not be longer than 6,000 words (including Abstract, Works Cited and Notes), typed in Times New Roman 12-point font, double-spaced, and should follow the MLA Handbook (7th Edition) in-text format. All submissions should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than Monday, November 2, 2020, and should come with a confirmation that they are not under consideration elsewhere. For further information, please contact the editor at email@example.com.