"Un-Normal": Creative works in response to COVID-19 and BLM
Opaline, a publication of the nonprofit Artitide, is currently seeking creative works (poetry, prose, artwork, photography) surrounding the conversation of the "new normal." Opaline would like artists, academics, and activists alike to reflect on what normalcy was, what normalcy should be, and who should set those definitions.
Poetry & Prose Guidelines:
- Please submit no more than 5 poems or 7,000 words of prose.
- All prose should be double-spaced.
- Submissions must be accompanied by a cover page including title, author, and contact information (email and phone)
- Previously unpublished works only. This includes material that has appeared online in any form, including personal blogs.
- Simultaneous submissions are permitted as long as you notify us as soon as possible if the work is accepted elsewhere. Once your work is accepted, you must withdraw it from any other submissions. After publication of Opaline, all rights revert to the author.
- E-mail digital images to: email@example.com
- Include an inventory list that includes your name, phone number as well as the title of each entry.
- Please save in JPG format, 300dpi, 750 pixels/5 inches in any direction.
More information on Arttitude may be found at www.arttitude.org
Please direct all submissions and questions to firstname.lastname@example.org