Innovative Practices in Indian Education System
Education is the backbone of any Nation. To bring positive changes in a country, we need to change its education system positively. India had remained under foreign rule for a very long time. The foreigner rulers changed the spirit of the education system as per their convenience. It is a proven fact that India was a learned nation well before the arrival of Europeans. It is evident from the rich Indian ancient literature, which is available in every sphere of life. The Britishers ruined the traditional Indian education system and replaced it with the Macaulay system so that they could produce young clerks to serve the British Raj. It is very unfortunate that even after 73 years of attaining Independence; more or less a similar education system is still prevalent in this country.
In the contemporary era, India needs to develop an education system which is the right blend of traditional Indian wisdom and modern scientific knowledge. However, the development and implementation of such a system need the active participation of all the stakeholders like the Government, the policymakers, the educationists, the parents, and the students themselves.
Innovation and creativity can play a major role in rejuvenating education. This edited book is an attempt to consolidate innovative ideas that have the potential to bring improvements in the educations system of India.
The authors are invited to submit original articles regarding innovative educational practices being undertaken by them. Besides, the authors can also propose novel ideas that are in the incubation stage but hold significant potential for improvement.
The proposed sub-themes are:-
- Innovations in Education (School Education, Higher Education, and Professional Education)
- Autonomy in Education
- Curriculum Revision
- Research and Development
- Character Building, Personality Development, and Values-based Education
- Blending traditional Values in Classroom Teaching
- Education in Mother Tongue
- Environment Education
- Technical Education, Skill Development and Vocational Training
- Vedic Mathematics
- Use of Computers and Artificial Intelligence
- Going beyond the traditional Classrooms
- Online and Distance Education.
- Mass Education and Adult Education.
- Any other appropriate topic that fits this theme
- The articles, complete in all respects must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org, on or before 31st August 2020.
- Acceptance notification - 30st September 2020.
- Publication of the book - October 2020.
- The detailed instructions for the authors click here, and for chapter, templates click here or scan the QR code given above.
Dr. Jatinder Garg
Baba Hira Singh Bhattal Inst. of Engg. & Tech., Lehragaga-148101, Punjab, India
Dr. Gopal Krishan
Gobindgarh Public College,
Khanna-141401, Punjab, India
Sh. Anubhav Jain
Shifali Group of Institutions,
Ludhiana, Punjab, India
Dr. Sonu Bala Garg
IKGPT U Campus,
Hoshiarpur, Punjab, India