Multicultural and World Literature and Justice at CEA
Call for Papers, Multicultural and World Literature at CEA 2021
April 8-10, 2021 | Birmingham, Alabama
Sheraton Hotel, Birmingham | 2101 Richard Arrington Jr Blvd N, Birmingham, AL 35203
The College English Association, a gathering of scholar-teachers in English studies, welcomes proposals for presentations on Multicultural and World Literature for our 52nd annual conference. Submit your proposal at www.cea-web.org
For this area, we are particularly interested in proposals that relate multicultural and/or world literature to the conference theme of justice (or in so many cases, injustices).
CEA invites proposals from academics in all areas of literature, language, film, composition, pedagogy, and creative, professional, and technical writing as they relate to justice. We are especially interested in presentations that feature topics relating to justice in texts, disciplines, people, cultural studies, media, and pedagogy. For your proposal, you might consider these concepts related to justice:
- resistance: protesting injustice
- equality: shifting perceptions of race, class, cultures, regions, genders, sexualities
- discourse: employing rhetoric and argument
- reclamation: spotlighting forgotten or unknown texts, authors, and cultures
- physicality: placing the body/publishing the text in contested spaces
- movements: challenging the status quo through ideas, genre, or form
- legitimacy: considering literature and the law
- education: teaching empathy and dialog
- individuality: combining the personal and political
General Call for Papers
CEA also welcomes proposals for presentations in any of the areas English departments typically encompass, including literature criticism and scholarship, creative writing, composition, technical communication, linguistics, and film. We also welcome papers on areas that influence our work as academics, including student demographics, student/instructor accountability and assessment, student advising, academic leadership in departments and programs, and the place of the English department in the university.
Submission: August 15-October 1, 2020
For more information on how to submit, please see the full CFP at www.cea-web.org
All presenters at the CEA 2021 conference must become members of CEA by January 1, 2021. To join CEA, please go to www.cea-web.org
Other questions? Please email me at email@example.com.
Moumin Quazi, Ph.D.