Edited Volume: The Dynamics of Folklore and Orature in Culture
The Department of English, SDM Govt. PG College, Doiwala, Dehradun, India is bringing out an edited book volume titled "The Dynamics of Folklore and Orature in Culture". The sub-themes below are only suggestive of the area and are in no way restrictive. Essays with other relevant themes are also welcome.
• Interpreting Folklores
• Representation of ‘Folk’ in World Literature
• Linkage of Folklore with History
• Folk-Forms as Sites of Protest
• Gender and Folklore
• Preservation of Folk-Forms, Culture and Oral Narratives
• Language-Death and Preservation of Endangered Languages
• Folklore in Contemporary Milieu
• Nation and National Consciousness in Folklore
Editor: Dr. Pallavi Mishra, Assistant Professor of English, SDM Govt. PG College, Doiwala, Dehradun, India.
Selected papers will be published with ISBN 978-81-945995-8-6 and British Library/ Library of Congress cataloguing. The book will be brought out by an international publisher based in New Delhi, London, and New York.
Submission Guideline: Not exceeding 5,000 words (MLA 8th edition)
Submission Deadline: 15 October 2020
Each essay submitted must carry the author's bio and a declaration that it has not been presented, published, or submitted for publication elsewhere.