Rupkatha International Award in Humanities, 2020
RIAH is being launched as an independent initiative towards extending international recognition to fresh scholars in innovative, critical research and publication and to creative artists in the fields of arts, film and media. The initiative shall also award life-time contribution of scholars.
We are inviting nominations from scholarly communities, academicians and distinguished public servants from all over the world.
Winners will receive
- A cash prize of 20000 INR ( USD $ 270 )
- A Rupkatha medallion certificate
- Honorary publication in Rupkatha
1. “The Rupkatha Award for Innovation in Research in Humanities”
To be awarded to a young scholar who recently completed PhD in either Humanities or Sciences for innovative and empirical research that has a direct impact on the social life of the community.
2. “The Rupkatha Creative Artist Award”
To be awarded to a budding artist/director for innovation in film, art and new media
3. “The Rupkatha Life Time Achievement Award”
To be awarded to a teacher for a lifetime dedicated to education and research in Humanities or Sciences and essentially for the creation of social impact across generations.
Entry Fee: None
Category 1: Young scholars who recently completed PhD in either Humanities or Sciences
Category 2: Budding artist/creator/director
Category 3: Senior scholars/teachers in either Humanities or Sciences
With the following exceptions:
- Rupkatha board members cannot be nominated.
- Research scholars who did research under the supervision of Rupkatha board members cannot be nominated.
Nominations may be accepted from administrative personnels, officials, academic and non-academic organizational appointees, elected representatives of the people and general persons or citizens. Nominations from distinguished persons, artists, academicians and public servants are welcome and encouraged for assessment of nominees with the following exceptions:
- Supervisors may not nominate their own candidates for the award
- Rupkatha Board members may not submit nominations
Nominations from distinguished persons, artists, academicians and public servants are welcome and encouraged for assessment of nominees.
All the nominations will be judged by a committee of independent, external experts of international reputation in their fields.
Submission process for nominations
Terms and Conditions
- No Rupkatha Board Members cannot be nominated for any award.
- Research supervisors cannot submit nominations for any scholar they have guided.
- Scholars cannot submit self-nominations for themselves.
- Research scholars who did research under a particular supervisor cannot submit nominations for the same supervisor.
Privacy and confidentiality:
- We will maintain strict privacy with the entire process of submission of nominations and selections. Only the names of the award winners will be made public.
- Nominators must keep all communications with us confidential and cannot be used later in any context or occasion.
Submission of Nomination
Nominators need to download the Submission Form, fill it up properly and include pictures of their signature and seal, if any, and then prepare a PDF file of the document and send to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submission Form can be downloaded from www.rupkatha.com/riah2020.dotx
- Deadline of Submission: December 10, 2020
- Announcement and award ceremony: January, 2021.