English Across the Curriculum Conference 2021: Call for Proposals
We are pleased to invite you to submit a proposal to the 3rd International Conference on English Across the Curriculum (EAC), which is co-organised by a cross-institutional team from The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, City University of Hong Kong, and Hong Kong Baptist University. The EAC 2021 Conference will be held online from 20-21 May 2021.
You are welcome to submit papers for the following broad categories of EAC and CLIL / WAC:
1. Roles of EAC/WAC/CLIL in learning and teaching
2. Pedagogy and practices
3. Programme design, collaboration and assessment
4. Technology-enhanced language learning
5. Impact of factors affecting any of the above
There are two presentation formats for you to choose from:
- Paper Presentation (20 minutes + 10 minutes Q&A) or
- Colloquium (max. 6 presenters; 45 minutes + 15 minutes Q&A)
Submitting your abstract
Your proposal should include the following:
a. Title (no more than 15 words)
b. Summary (no more than 50 words)
c. Abstract (no more than 200 words)
d. Biography of each presenter (no more than 50 words)
You are invited to set up a Conference Account and submit your proposal(s) through our conference website (https://elc.polyu.edu.hk/conference/EAC2021/abstract-submission/).
You can appear on a maximum of two abstracts (paper presentation or colloquium) and only once as the first author (paper presentation or colloquium). The proposal should not have been presented in another conference.
Deadline for submission: 30 November 2020
The EAC 2021 Conference strongly encourages presenters to deliver their presentations and colloquia synchronously in real time. Those who are in very different time zones from Hong Kong may have the option of a pre-recorded presentation. Unless otherwise indicated in the abstract submission process, all accepted presentations will be scheduled for real-time synchronous delivery.
All submissions will undergo a double-blind review.
We are privileged to have the presence of three plenary speakers:
- Dr Michelle Cox is the Director of the English Language Support Office at the John S. Knight Institute for Writing in the Discipline at Cornell University. Her scholarship focuses on Writing Across the Curriculum, multilingual writing and graduate communication support.
- Professor Do Coyle is an international expert in the field of Content and Language Integrated Learning (CLIL), and is currently Director of Research and Knowledge Exchange and Chair in Languages Education and Classroom Learning at the university of Edinburgh. Throughout her career she has focused on ‘shared learning’ and technology-enabled spaces which allow all learners to connect with other learning sites, locally and globally.
- Professor Oliver Meyer is professor of English-Didactics at the Johannes Guttenberg University/Mainz. He is also a qualified geography and EFL teacher and a CLIL expert. He is especially interested in developing and disseminating cutting-edge, evidence-based teaching strategies.
We look forward to reading your abstract.
The Organising Committee of the 3rd EAC Conference