David Foster Wallace Panels at ALA 2021
The International David Foster Wallace Society will sponsor two panels at the 32nd annual conference of the American Literature Association in Boston on May 27-30, 2021.
We are seeking submissions related to any aspect of Wallace’s fiction or nonfiction. Paper topics may include but are not limited to:
- New close readings of individual texts, especially those that might challenge conventional wisdom and established readings
- Wallace and the digital/virtual, especially in light of social distancing
- Wallace and genre fiction
- Wallace in the public sphere, including national politics
- Wallace’s self-management of his own public image
- Wallace and race
- Wallace and cultural space, including regional identity
- Teaching Wallace, especially to non-majors or in departments other than English
- Wallace and emergent media
Please send abstracts of no more than 300 words including name, institutional affiliation (if any), and contact information, no later than January 15, 2021 to email@example.com . Please attach your abstract as a Word document, and indicate if you will need AV equipment. Note that scholars are limited to one presentation at this conference.
For more information about the conference, please consult the ALA website, http://americanliteratureassociation.org/ And for information about the David Foster Wallace Society, please go to https://www.dfwsociety.org/