Film Studies CFP: Anti-Bodies: Corporeality & Its Discontents
Film Studies Working Group – Call for Papers for CSA 2021
The Film Studies Working Group invites submissions for the 19th annual meeting of the Cultural Studies Association (CSA), to be held online June 10-12, 2021. The theme for the 2021 CSA Conference is Anti-Bodies: Corporeality and its Discontents. Innovative and interdisciplinary approaches to the following film studies topics are especially welcome:
- Cinema as a vehicle for social justice/injustice, anti-racism/racism
- Transcendent, subversive, and/or enabling cinematic representations; technologies of race, gender, sexuality, neurodiversity, ability
- Virtual embodiment and film streaming
- Cinema, mobility, virality, and spreadability: mediations of cinematic agency, characters, narratives, delivery systems
- Epidemiological narratives, themes, and genres in film
- (De)sensitization and an/(a)esthetics; fleshy vs. fleshless cinema
- New approaches to production, distribution, exhibition, audience, reception, archival/film historical, and film policy studies in an age of global pandemic
300 word abstracts should be submitted by Tuesday, December 15, 2020.
All proposals should be submitted through Easy Chair using the following link: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=csa2021. If you deferred your accepted 2020 conference paper, please resubmit to ensure it is included in this year’s conference. Please prepare all the materials required to propose your session according to the given directions before you begin electronic submission. All program information--names, presentation titles, and institutional affiliations--will be based on initial conference submissions. Please avoid lengthy presentation and session titles, use normal capitalization and standard fonts, and include your name and affiliations as you would like them to appear on the conference program schedule.
Note: you do not have to be a current member to submit. If your proposal is accepted, you must become a current member of the CSA and register for the conference. These are two separate transactions.
Please direct questions to Anne Ciecko (email@example.com), chair, Film Studies Working Group