Translation Review, call for translations of prose and poetry and scholarship on literary translation
Translation Review invites submissions of
- translations of contemporary prose and poetry into English
- manuscripts on the process and practical problems of translating, including the reconstruction of the translation process.
- interviews with translators
- manuscritps that address the concept of translation in the visual and musical arts
- translation in the digital age
Please note that all scholarly manuscripts should follow the Chicago Manual of Style EB (endnotes and bibliography).
Please note the following instructions for translations: a short essay introducing the author and contextualizing the text and/or a brief essay detailing the reconstruction of the translation process should accompany the manuscript. We will consider submissions of translations of short stories, individual chapters of books, or a selection of 5-10 poems. Creative submissions must also include documentation of permission to translate and publish.
We will consider manuscripts from 5 pages in length up to 25 pages in length (manuscripts should be submitted in a Microsoft Word docx, double-spaced, 12-point font).
Please submit your manuscript at ScholarOne:
Translation Review is a peer-reviewed journal published three times a year: April, August, and November.
You may address any questions to Shelby Vincent, Managing Editor at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org