Call For Papers: Feminist Studies in English Literature (Feminisms Now: A Virtual Conference)
The International Conference organized by
The Korean Society for Feminist Studies in English Literature (KFSEL)
May 28-29, 2021
Feminisms Now: A Virtual Conference
The Korean Society for Feminist Studies in English Literature (KFSEL) presents a virtual conference on “Feminisms Now” to be held on Zoom from Friday, May 28, 2021 to Saturday, May 29, 2021.
Women everywhere have disproportionately shouldered the social and economic fallout of COVID-19. Taking seriously the pandemic’s regressive impact on domestic violence, female care work, and women in the labor force, we invite scholars, students, and activists to discuss practical and theoretical challenges for feminism today. Beyond the gendered consequences of the pandemic, we’ll reflect on how recent movements such as #MeToo engage new technologies such as digital media to operate locally and globally. How might culturally contingent, specific concerns gain wider traction and concrete executive force? Is international feminist solidarity possible under the current conditions of global inequality and racist violence? Can feminism respond effectively to the rise of misogyny on social media?
We welcome papers on the following topics:
- social reproduction theory
- feminism and anti-capitalism
- feminism and neoliberalism
- women and labor, housework and care work
- sex work and the commercialization of the body
- the aftereffects of so-called sexual liberation
- feminism and the environment
- queer futurities
- feminist theory and practice after #MeToo
- race and gender
- the possibilities of transnational feminism
- contemporary feminist literature and film
- feminist organization in the age of COVID
- feminism and public health
- violence against women
- misogyny in the digital age
Each presentation will be limited to twenty minutes, followed by discussions and Q&A sessions. Graduate students are welcome to submit proposals and to participate in the conference.
Please submit an abstract (of no more than 250 words), a brief CV, and a short bio to the organizing committee at email@example.com by March 1st.
Acceptance notices will be sent out by April 1st.
For further inquiry, please feel free to contact the organizing committee.